2021: Week 44 - On yer bike!

 Created by: Carl Allchin

This week's challenge is helping me to understand how little fitness I have actually done this year. I'm going to blame writing a book, having a baby and running Preppin' Data but let's quantify my laziness shall we?

Input

I record all of my cycling data in a google sheet that I've downloaded for you all to prep. However, I record different types of cycling so some conversion will be necessary but we'll get to that shortly. 


There is just one file to use this week.

Requirements

  • Input the data
  • Convert the Value field to just be Kilometres ridden 
    • Carl cycles at an average of 30 kilometres per hour whenever he is measuring his sessions in minutes
  • Create a field called measure to convert KM measurements into 'Outdoors' and any measurement in 'mins' as 'Turbo Trainer'.
  • Create a separate column for Outdoors and Turbo Trainer (indoor static bike values
  • Ensure there is a row for each date between 1st Jan 2021 and 1st Nov 2021(inclusive)
  • Count the number of activities per day and work out the total distance cycled Outdoors or on the Turbo Trainer
  • Change any null values to zero
  • Work out how many days I did no activities
  • Output a file to help me explore the analysis further

Output


4 data fields:
  • Date
  • Activity per day
  • Turbo Trainer
  • Outdoors
305 rows of data (306 including headers)

After you finish the challenge make sure to fill in the participation tracker, then share your solution on Twitter using #PreppinData and tagging @Datajedininja@JennyMartinDS14 & @TomProwse1

You can also post your solution on the Tableau Forum where we have a Preppin' Data community page. Post your solutions and ask questions if you need any help! 


Popular posts from this blog

2023: Week 1 The Data Source Bank

2023: Week 2 - International Bank Account Numbers

How to...Handle Free Text